Spicy Honey Chicken for Pressure Cooker
Submitted by Robin R.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2 lbs
- 2 t granulated garlic
- 2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t coriander
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 C Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cider or Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or preheat gas grill or prepare briquets for grilling
- Place chicken thighs in Instant Pot. Do not add liquids, the chicken will produce plenty of broth for the Spicy Honey Sauce.
- Place lid on and press the POULTRY button.
- When Instant Pot signals that the chicken is finished cooking, remove lid and place chicken on a baking sheet. Then place chicken in oven or on the grill for 15 minutes or until skin is crispy.
- Remove chicken from oven or grill and set aside in a baking dish to keep warm.
- While chicken is in the oven or on the grill, strain the chicken broth into a bowl, place broth back into the pot, push SAUTE button.
- Add honey, Balsamic or Cider vinegar and seasonings to the chicken broth. Stirring occasionally, simmer the sauce until it thickens and coats a spoon like syrup, may take from 10-15 minutes.
- After sauce has thickened, turn pot off, adjust seasonings to your taste and pour the sauce over the chicken, coating each piece evenly.
We serve with multi-grain rice and a salad or vegetable.