Speedy Texas Trail Chili
Ingredients: 8 servings
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, peeled, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 2 Cups favorite Bloody Mary mix (spicy preferred)
- 2 Cans (14 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies (or 28-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice)
- 2 Cans (14 ounces each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 4 Tablespoons (or more if you like) favorite chili powder, divided
- 1-1/2 Cups Water
For Serving (optional):
- Corn chips
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced green onions
- Sour cream
- In the INSTANT POT pressure cooker pot, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and saute about 8 minutes until it becomes lightly golden brown.
- Add the meat and cook until it browns, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Stir in the Bloody Mary mix and heat on medium-high, stirring and scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and 2 Tablespoons of the chili powder. Stir well. Bring to just a boil; add the water.
- Lock the lid in place and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Quick release the steam. When the pressure valve drops remove the lid tilting it away from your face.
- Just before serving stir in Tablespoons of the chili powder then let it stand 5 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish as desired. Serve and ENJOY!!