Sign up for our “Recipe Club” and receive this 110 Page eBook called
“100 Easy, Quick and Delicious Electric Pressure Cooker Recipes”
You will receive this eBook immediately and we will continue
to send you ongoing easy, delicious recipes right in your “Inbox”
Spicy Honey Chicken for Pressure Cooker
Submitted by Robin R.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 2 lbs
- 2 t granulated garlic
- 2 t chili powder
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t coriander
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 C Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cider or Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or preheat gas grill or prepare briquets for grilling
- Place chicken thighs in Instant Pot. Do not add liquids, the chicken will produce plenty of broth for the Spicy Honey Sauce.
- Place lid on and press the POULTRY button.
- When Instant Pot signals that the chicken is finished cooking, remove lid and place chicken on a baking sheet. Then place chicken in oven or on the grill for 15 minutes or until skin is crispy.
- Remove chicken from oven or grill and set aside in a baking dish to keep warm.
- While chicken is in the oven or on the grill, strain the chicken broth into a bowl, place broth back into the pot, push SAUTE button.
- Add honey, Balsamic or Cider vinegar and seasonings to the chicken broth. Stirring occasionally, simmer the sauce until it thickens and coats a spoon like syrup, may take from 10-15 minutes.
- After sauce has thickened, turn pot off, adjust seasonings to your taste and pour the sauce over the chicken, coating each piece evenly.
We serve with multi-grain rice and a salad or vegetable.